Friday, June 17, 2011

Ahem... I am up on the rostra novum... Hello!

image credit: Brian Topp (the rostra vetera)

Just opened up a blogspot account for The New Rostra (rostra novum)
This is a forum where I can share my thoughts and writings without weighing down other social media outlets. (facebook.com/mark.pillsbury or @markpills on Twitter)

In the new world of digital media the "town crier" can amble up to the platform on the square and literally broadcast to the world in a new (digital) way, that Cicero would never have been able to comprehend. (see image of the rostra vetera near the assembly ground of the old Roman Forum)

Thank you for checking this out. Please make comments or come back.
I look forward to sharing the conversation with you.
For now let me step down off the rostra and gather some material.

Best,
MHP

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if anyone will read this blog. Thanks to JDH for suggesting I write (years ago), better late than never. Some of the wilder things I would like to say will be better put on a blog than on #fb or Twitter, right?! I will give it a try... Thanks, MHP

    ReplyDelete