Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The New Rostra (rostra novum) A new blog: Part VII: The Journey

The New Rostra (rostra novum) A new blog: Part VII: The Journey: "The Journey (from the storm chaser saga...) ©Mark H. Pillsbury Image: Augusta Jones dress/Hilary Jessica beamed walking down the aisle t..."

I envisioned episode VII would be the conclusion of the storm chaser saga, but I thought that Rick was so full of regret for not having married Jessica and settled down, essentially doing what she had nagged him about for over a year; that the regret illustrated by his daydream would merit one more post. They have run out of options in this thick Texas woodland. The final chapter will be called "A time to Die" from the ecclesiastical reference made in the sixth episode. How many more it takes to get to the conclusion, I just don't know at this point, but keep reading!?

image credit: ©Lego (Fire and Rescue set)

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! Where to I begin? Are you a future novelist? Is this your rough draft? A side of you I didn't know! Way to put yourself out there and just write. "Audience of One" has been my motivation. All for Him...even the random, silly stuff. Because he can use my random stuff for His glory. :)

    Blessings,
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree about audience of one theory, I just enjoy the creativity of writing, even the randomness of a couple of storm-chasers caught in a wildfire. With fiction, good people can suffer and bad people be rewarded. Vice can be lauded, virtue condemned. There are no limitations, it can also be the other way around, written with the force of the Divine breath. Irony is one of my favorite tools. Moving a story along has been an enjoyable act of creation, and God gives me the ability to think and type a picture of words hopefully imitating life in some way. My greatest hope for the New Rostra is that I can be "nimble" in my writing, interesting, longer than other social media, but not too long. The 7 chapters so far are just a short serial story that comes to me intermittently as I think about the wildfires all over the southwest and how dangerous they become. Now I am trying to think of another topic, while I close that one down.
    Thank you for your comment LLH. Best,
    MHP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chapter 10 "A time to Die" coming soon.
    Enjoy the double feature: episodes VIII & IX
    "The Maze" and "The Rescue"

    ReplyDelete